€240 per team of 12. This covers play for approx 11 week and the end of summer BBQ
Payment can be made at either of our registration evenings (see below)
Full payment must be made before the tournament starts on the May 30th
How do I Register?
Registration Evenings – Two registration evenings will be held. The first will be May 16th in Murtaghs Bar @ 7.30pm. The second will be held at our club grounds on the Castlecara Rd on May 23rd at 7.30pm, as well as registering teams we will use that evening to go through any rules changes and also demonstrate the game for new players
Register Online – Teams and individuals can register using the online form below although payment cannot be made online (yet). Once the form is submitted a confirmation email will be sent with your details. We’d ask that you print & bring this confirmation to either of the registration evenings along with your payment
Print the Form – Teams and individuals can also register by completing the printable form below and bringing it along to either of the registration evenings, again with your payment
I don’t have a team but really want to play – No worries! Any individual not on a team should register in the normal way. Once we receive all the individual registration we will create new teams. We really encourage new players to come and give Tag Rugby a go, it really is a great way to spend a summers evening.
Rules and Regulations
Brief overview of Tag Rugby.
1. Tag rugby is a non contact sport played by both ladies and men.
2. Matches are played on grass on half of a full size rugby pitch.
3. Matches are played with 7 players a side with a maximum of 4 men on the pitch at all times.
4. Tries scored by ladies are worth 3 points, tries scored by men are worth 1 point.
5. Matches are 2 x 15 minute halves.
6. Rolling substitutions allow you to make unlimited substitutions throughout the match.
7. A full set of rules available on here
Specific tournament information
1. Tag tournament will start on 30th May and run through to mid August.
2. Matches will be played at the Carrick RFC club grounds on the Castlecara Rd.
3. Matches will be played on Thursday evenings between 7.00 and 9.30pm. Teams will be informed beforehand of the time they are playing and must arrive at least 15mins to their allocated kick off time.
4. A league system will be applied with semi final and final play offs at end of tournament to decide tournament winners.
5. Points will be awarded as follows: win 4 points, draw 2 point, loss 0 points. A bonus of 1 point will be awarded to losing teams if they lose by less than four points.
6. Players should wear comfortable clothing and can use either trainers or moulded rubber stud/blade boots.
7. All tag equipment will be provided by Carrick RFC.
To register for TAG Rugby 2013 please complete this registration form ensuring you complete all required fields. Shortly after submitting your registration you will receive an email confirming your details. Please print this confirmation and bring it along to either of the registration evenings.
If you are registering as an individual complete the required fields and select ‘Join a Team’
Map to Club Grounds
View Tag Rugby 2013 pitch in a larger map