We’re delighted to announce the venue for this years Tag tournament has been confirmed as the Carrick Community School pitch. If you haven’t already registered online or by contacting us please go to the registration section where you can complete the online form or print the registration form to bring along on the day. Please also take time to read important tournament information below.
Brief overview of Tag Rugby
- Tag rugby is a non contact sport played by both ladies and men.
- Matches are played on grass on half of a full size rugby pitch.
- Matches are played with 7 players a side with a maximum of 4 men on the pitch at all times.
- Tries scored by ladies are worth 3 points, tries scored by men are worth 1 point.
- Matches are 2 x 15 minute halves.
- Rolling substitutions allow you to make unlimited substitutions throughout the match.
- Click here for full set of rules (PDF version)
Tag Registration Rules
- Minimum of 7 and maximum of 15 players per team.
- Players must be 16 years of age or older. No maximum age limit !
- Registration fee of €200 euro per team must accompany registration form. Cheques made payable to Carrick on Shannon RFC.
Specific tournament information
- Tag tournament will start on 7th June and run through to mid August.
- Matches will be played on the school Community pitch in Carrick on Shannon.
- Matches will be played on Thursday evenings between 7.00 and 9.30pm. Teams will be informed beforehand of the time they are playing and must arrive at least 15mins to their allocated kick off time.
- A league system will be applied with semi final and final play offs at end of tournament to decide tournament winners.
- Points will be awarded as follows: win 3 points, draw 1 point, loss 0 points. A bonus of 1 point will be awarded to losing teams if they lose by less than four points.
- Players should wear comfortable clothing and can use either trainers or moulded rubber stud/blade boots.
- All tag equipment will be provided by Carrick RFC.